Saturday, January 22, 2011

flowers


Okay.. Our school secretary is retiring the end of March and I am on the committee..( Don;t get me started on the principal trying to run our committee.. That is not going to happen. He is an interim and we have known her like forever and love her to death. We always go all out in my school to celebrate retiring people and this will be no diff.. ) We have picked the place.. menu, I have a scrapbook idea to create for her( I bought a pretty 8 X 8 album and some adorable Anna Griffin paper to hand out. Everyone in our school is to create a memory page for her.)... Now we are thinking center pieces for the table. I bought Mother's Day Bouquet just for this occasion.. We are going to have 3-D paper flowers with balloons coming out of the centerpiece.. Problem is I don't know what size to make them yet. We don't have the containers for the table.. One of the committee members had a great idea to go to thrift shops and get desk type stuff.. pencil holders.. etc.. then have the arrangements coming out of them.. Okay I can't size the flowers till we get the containers but I wanted to share my idea. The picture shows a flower that will be put together to create a 3-d flower from all sides. I made this as a sample to take the the retirement committee meeting on Monday. I glimmer misted the flower with opal glimmer mist and used hot glue to add the pearl to the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment