Monday, March 2, 2015

sympathy card

I used cricut design space to weld the stamped image into a rectangle. Then sized the flowers. I can't remember what carts the images were from. Its easy to lose that part when you just search images.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Banner

Wow so much has happened since I last posted. I got the flu right after Christmas. My mom got bronchitis at the same time and unfortunately passed away from it January 6th. So I've been in a bit of a fog that is slowly lifting. The past 2 weeks I really started crafting again. I have my project life and holiday pictures almost caught up. I've also been making some cards and this banner. My daughter is maid of honor in a wedding this summer and she is planning the shower. She saw a banner similar to this but much plainer on pinterest and sent me the picture. I used my explore to size and cut everything. I used elegant edges and the font is from cuttin up. The bride to be loves cheetah print so I used pink cheetah for the heart. Not sure of the cart for that. I just searched heart in cricut design space and used one I owned.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

still using my imagine

It doesn't always work the best but I am still using it. If Santa is good to me I just may upgrade to an explore.
Crappy photo quality but at least I am posting a project. Candy bags to give out. The candy is crock pot Christmas crack candy and it is yummy. I used Imagine snow angel, a Martha Stewart punch and paper trey ink stamp.

Monday, November 17, 2014

holiday card

I needed some holiday cards to send to my non christian friends so I made some of these. I got the inspiration on pinterest but I used totally different products. The tree stamp is lovely as a tree stamped in stamp-n stuff marcasite opaque embossing powder. Bought it years ago and was never successful with it until I started using the powder bag thing that preps the surface before embossing. The sentiment is a years old MSE stamp that was the right scale for the card. I tied heat embossing the sentiment it didn't work for me. So I stamped in papertrey black in and used a belly roll clear star pen to color in the open areas of the letters on the stamped sentiment. I used color box charcoal color for the edging. I loved the black sparkle paper for the mat .

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Manger Card

I haven't blogged in forever. That's the way it is sometimes. At the end of the summer I had some health issues and was actually hospitalized for the first time ever with acute asthma. I've had asthma since I was a kid but that was a first.  Then my mother fell during the night  Columbus Weekend. She was hospitalized for a brain injury, broken nose and fractured jaw. She then went to rehab before coming home. She is still not where she was so its one day at a time. I am so grateful for SIL's who come get her up and assist her dressing on the days that I work. I'm a month behind on project life. I have been working on my Christmas cards here and there. This card I actually made 40 of. It seems like it took forever yet is looks simple. The stamps and die cuts are from Simon Says Stamps.


Monday, August 11, 2014

New unit

Okay this assembled so much easier than I expected. The hardest part was waiting for my daughter to get up for work (she works nights at the hospital) so I could have help standing it up. I assembled it in the family room on that carpet cause I have lots of space in there. Then slid moving men sliders under it to get it back to the spare bedroom I use as a craft/office room. I'm really happy how much the folding boxes match the room. I'm going to take my time filling it up replacing all the old photo albums that are falling apart into new books…. When my daughter moves I will move the old photo albums into a small bedroom on a shelf and get more basket cubes for this I think.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The before…

My son bought this ikea unit on sale to fit in a really narrow odd closet space in his studio apartment in Brooklyn NY. When he moved home for 2 years in sat in my garage until I broke my bookshelf when I was painting this room. The drawers are not functional. They are bowing from the bottom because they can't hold weight. There is wasted space on the bottom. It just needs to GO! The hardest part is where to put all the stuff while I assemble the new unit. Ughhh… Some of my old photo albums are starting to  fall apart so the blank ones on the top have just been sitting there waiting for me to redo them. So this will take me a while to do it right. Today it's all about unloading……