Friday, August 26, 2011

Christmas Wreath

Okay I saw a Thanksgiving wreath made from florettes in the Stampin up mini holiday catalog and I thought I can do that.. I used a Christmas package of recollections paper so all the patterns shades matched exactly. Each florette is 2, 12" strips to create each one scored at 1/2" marks. The bigger florettes are 2" wide strips, medium 1 1/2 inch wide strips and the small 1" wide strips.. I hot glued everything to a foam styrofoam circle. Embellishments are recollections glitter dots, buttons, glass beads and holiday colored sequins from my stash.. I used some red glitter sheer ribbon to tie around the foam base for the hanger. I made all the florettes last night and it took about 45 minutes today to figure out the arrangement and wait for layers of hot glue to dry to complete it.

I have prepared my basement as best I can in the event of a power failure and the sump pump not working.. Nothing I can do about it but just pray that nobody is hurt in this huge hurricane. We are used to more damage here from Nor' Easters than hurricanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment