Thursday, August 30, 2012

Saying goodbye

I took this picture of my brother on Easter of this year... I remember he was sitting on my moms steps talking to my brother Fred.. We took James Michael to the hospital really ill on August 17th. We learned over the next week that he was in liver failure.... then they thought liver cancer maybe a transplant or chemo to more tests that revealed he had advanced aggressive pancreas cancer that had spread throughout his body. We brought him home from the hospital on Monday the 27th because that is what he wanted. He passed peacefully today with our 91 year old mother at his side. I'm thankful that he passed quickly and wasn't in pain. He was 62 and a kind gently soul who was the one who took care of all my moms paperwork and planned all out outings to Cape May.

No comments:

Post a Comment