Wednesday, June 25, 2014

catching up

Well school ended on June 19th and I went comatose for two days reading and napping and doing little else to recover. Every year is stressful but this year was particularly emotional. 3 highly valued members of our staff,  1 assistant and 2 extremely talented k teachers retired. Another k teacher who has only been with us 2 years decided to relocate back to family. I just cried I tell ya.  Such a loss for our program and I loved all these ladies. On top of that they decided to transfer our principal to another building next year… Sniff! I think I just might be getting to old for all the changes…

Since I emerged from my comatose state I started trying to get caught up on house things and reacquaint myself with my craft room. My project life as of today is caught up to June 23. yay! I made two birthday cards tonight for my daughter. One from me and one from my mom. Her birthday is the 6th of July and I will be away at the NEA conference but I always have her gift ready to open on her day. We will have cake when I get back… I will be back on the 7th but very late so cake will be the 8th.

My daughter is turning 25 and thinks it terrible…. so of course I made her a card with a big 25 on it. Super simple design. She also loves the beach, pools, sun and flip-flops. So a flip-flop card it is for my mom to give her. The 25 card was cut on the silhouette. The flip-flop card cut on the cricut with an old flip-flop sized cut that was saved on my gypsy… Papers from my stash as well as embellishments cause I have been so good with not buying for so long other that my studio calico monthly PL kit everything is just stash stuff at this point.


I won't be crafting anymore till I return from Denver since I have a house to leave clean for my mom and daughter and laundry to wash and pack before leaving.. I hope to get back to some regular card making then. I have been craft room absent and it leaves a void.

No comments:

Post a Comment