Wednesday, November 16, 2011

non-crafting post

I have to say that I have NEVER had a season like this past fall where I had so many people I was connected with pass. It has definitely sapped my energy in all aspects of my life. I no sooner feel like I recover from one loss when I get hit with another. Because of this my crafting has slowed down while I mourn losses and regroup. On top of that I struggle with being a single mom that now has two beautiful children who worked hard to get through school.. my son 26 living home unable to find work for almost 2 years ( layed off from a job in NYC) with an MBA and my daughter a spring graduate with a BSN in nursing looking for work.... Breaks my heart and my bank account. My food bill has tripled, utilities are up in all areas and my 20 somethings don't get that momma doesn't get child support anymore but I am paying for everything I did when I got it. I read the paper and overseas is settling into a recession as well. I don't think that bodes well for us. I have to say that I am eternally thankful for my job so I can support my children and provide for what we need. With that said I have learned that in the crafting life there is a big void between want and need. I need atg tape to compete a project with supplies on hand. I do not need the latest hello Thursday release at top dollar prices.

November is for Thanks.. I am thankful for my God, children, my home, my mother, my MIL, my brothers and their wives and families, my ex and his siblings, My job, my friends, scrapping Friends, church, extended nieces and nephew, supportive colleagues and just life in general. After all these friends and family losses all you can do is be thankful for life and the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment